Are you tired of the mundane 9 to 5 desk job and are looking for a fun opportunity to earn? Do you want to learn some new skills? Look no further than becoming a direct selling agent. Now we know what you are thinking, ‘Direct selling? Isn’t that just a fancy term for door-to-door salespersons?’ Well, that definition is outdated and could not be further from the truth.
Direct selling agents (DSA) work as intermediaries between the buyers and the lenders, helping loan applicants with their paperwork and documents, and finding new clients for the lending firms. They are responsible for ensuring that loan applications are sanctioned on time. DSA agents also help their clients negotiate better loan terms and conditions from lenders.
Who can become a DSA agent?
Direct selling is a lucrative job with flexible working conditions, generous pay, and excellent exit opportunities. The best part is that there is no meritocratic gatekeeping, so anyone from any field can enter the industry. There is no compulsory requirement of a fancy college degree in banking or accounting to begin working as a direct selling agent. You only need passion, resilience, good communication, and negotiation skills, and a drive to make sales if you want to succeed as a loan agent. Anyone taking a career break, anyone juggling multiple personal commitments, or anyone wanting to upskill, can work as a direct selling agent.
However, there are a few kinds of people who should NOT work as direct selling agents (in a humorous way).
- If you hate working in your pajamas: If you want to wear business attire and run after people with coffee or attend boring meetings, you may not like working as a direct selling agent. You can come to work in pajamas or sweatpants as a DSA agent because you have the freedom to work from your home. You have to conduct meetings, find clients, and resolve their queries, and as a DSA agent, you can do so from anywhere in the world. You also do not have to report to the physical branch of your partnered association every single day.
- If you love to be micromanaged: DSA agents get to be their boss. You no longer have to take orders from the man in the corner office who never seems to be satisfied with your work. You can set your work schedule and work for as many hours as you require to finish your tasks. There is no one counting the hours you spend at a table. Want to take a day off to watch some Netflix? You are free to do it. Want to work for 10 hours straight to hit your sales targets? You can do that as well. Having a slow week at work? You do not have to explain anything to anyone. If you are starting as a DSA agent and finding trouble getting clients, you can consult other experienced agents for help.
- If you hate extra money: DSA agents have no income limit. Since their monthly payout depends on the number of loan products they sell every month, it all depends on their efforts. If you want to take a long holiday or plan for a wedding, you can find a few extra clients and sell more loans to earn some extra bucks. Reputed lending firms like Andromeda Loans also offer incentives, rewards, and perks to their high-performing agents. If you have resilience and are willing to put in the hard work, nothing is stopping you from getting a hefty performance-based bonus.
- If you do not like meeting new people: DSA agents get to attend amazing industry events, product launches, and workshops, where they can not only upskill but also meet other like-minded individuals and industry leaders. It is not a career for people who do not like socializing or meeting new people. Direct selling agents also enjoy perks like discounts, giveaways, and gifts during these events.
- If you hate upskilling: DSA agents are always on top of trends. They have to take note of customer feedback and pass it on to their firms to churn out better products. They have to come up with innovative marketing techniques to highlight their product’s benefits above all. They also have to keep an eye on their competitors and check if they are matching industry standards or not. To stay on top, one has to pick up new skills and apply their insights. If you want a cushy office job, working as a direct selling agent may not be your forte.
- If you do not want a meaningful career: There is a common misconception that DSA agents are soulless salespersons, pushing to make sales in products they will never buy themselves. Once again, we are here to debunk that myth. Direct selling agents have the freedom to choose to sell products they believe in. As a direct selling agent, you can reach out to organizations, whose products you believe in and share that enthusiasm with others. You can get paid for helping others discover the same amazing products that you love.
If you choose to work for a financial firm like Andromeda Loans, you can help individuals with their finances and loan applications. It can be an incredibly rewarding feeling to help someone buy their first house. Now we know what you are thinking, “Isn’t direct selling a thing of the past? Why will anyone buy products from strangers?” Well, once again, that is a myth. The industry is thriving and there is a huge demand for specialized professionals like direct selling agents.
Banks and NBFCs do not have the manpower or time to cater to the needs of every individual customer. With the rise of social media, individuals can reach out to DSA agents with a few clicks and get all their queries resolved. Working as a direct selling agent may not be everyone’s cup of tea, but it is a rewarding and exciting career opportunity worth a shot. You can work as your boss, sell products you believe in, and have unlimited income potential. What more could you ask for?